Summer is finally here. Party and barbecue season is officially open. How can you make the best out of it without sabotaging that bikini body you’ve worked so hard for? We propose a full party menu filled with light and healthy options to help you enjoy the summer season entirely guilt free. You no longer have to avoid parties in order to stay fit and healthy. Check out these great recipes for a delicious feast on those warm summer evenings!
Spicy Lime Grilled Prawn Skewers
- 48 large tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 4 green chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- Place the prawns and lime zest in a large bowl. Blend the lime juice, chilies, garlic, ginger, and onion in a food processor or blender and pour over the prawns. Cover, and marinate in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Put prawns onto skewers, piercing each first through the tail, and the head.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook prawns for 5 minutes, turning until ready.
Italian Style Bruschetta
- Wholegrain toast or baguette
- Olive oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Basil or coriander
- Toast small pieces of bread until crunchy and golden brown
- Chop tomatoes finely, add chopped coriander and lime juice
- Spread tomatoes on top of bread and drizzle with olive oil
Light Main Courses:
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Light mozzarella
- Ground lean beef
- Tomato passata (Tomato Puree)
- Chili powder
- Steam or microwave potatoes until soft and cut in half
- Scoop most of the potato from the skin
- Sautee crushed garlic, chopped peppers, beef and passata. Add chilli, salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the sweet potato flesh.
- Stuff the skins with prepared stuffing and top with mozzarella
- Put in the oven, on the grill or microwave till cheese is melted
Grilled Lemon, Dill and Pepper Chicken Breast
- 1 lemon
- 2 chicken breasts
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Marinate the breasts in lemon juice and pepper mixed with olive oil for about 4 hours (overnight if possible)
- Grill until ready and top with fresh dill
- Serve with a green salad and baby potatoes
Healthy Dessert Options:
- Greek Yogurt
- Fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
- Stevia or other sweetener (alternatively honey) to taste
- Place yogurt in the freezer until frozen but not solid (around 1 - 1.5 hours)
- Blend in a food processor together with the fruit and stevia
- Freeze a bit more if needed
- Chia Seeds
- Instant coffee
- Vanilla low calorie pudding (such as Jell-o)
- Pour cooled, dissolved sweetened coffee over chia seeds and leave for a few minutes until thickened
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to instructions
- In a glass or bowl, layer chia seed mixture and vanilla pudding to create multiple layers
- Top with instant coffee powder and a sprinkle of cocoa or dark chocolate flakes
Light Strawberry Margarita
- Frozen strawberries
- Fresh lime juice
- Ice Cubes
- Mix all ingredients in the blender and enjoy responsibly!
Mango Mint Smoothie
- Mango, chopped, frozen
- Fresh mint leaves
- Orange juice
- Ice Cubes
- Mix all ingredients in the blender, decorate with mint leaves, and enjoy!
There you have it! Any entire menu plan for your next summer party or bbq where everything on the menu is healthy & guilt free!
Like it? Love it? Want to save it? Save to Pinterest or Share on Facebook!